Sunday, January 6, 2008

DiDi's Rants - Resolutions…we’ve all made them


Resolutions…we’ve all made them to some degree and now it’s actually time to keep them. This year I promised to take more time for me. So seeing how my resolution is so vague, I could stay at home and watch TV every night and would have still kept it…sorta…

But what is it about resolutions that are so hard to keep and follow through. You know they say that 35% of people break their resolutions within the first month. Now that’s only in January.

I figure it’s because it is so cold. I mean think about it. A lot of resolutions have something to do with health and fitness. I mean you might start well; you might really be into it, wake up at 5 in the morning for a nice jog or pay for a gym pass. But then eventually it does get colder, and eventually harder and harder to find your way to the gym. Then it snows and going for that jog becomes the furthest from your mind.

But that can’t be the only reason. I also think that the fact that some people make there resolutions under the influence, wouldn’t help either. You know what I’m talking about. It’s 11:30pm on New Years Eve, and you have been plied with all the champagne and Polar Ice that you can handle and someone pops the question “So what is your New Years Resolution?” Then when you can finally get your minds to think somewhat straight, you say the first thing that pops into mind.

Either way there New Year is here, and whether you keep that resolution or not try to remember one thing, It’s a new year, so technically, it’s a new you, so make it work and make the best of it.

And that’s my Real Talk… Toronto

No comments: